Friday, March 12, 2010

So, I'm starting a blog...

What am I thinking???  Why would I open myself up to scrutiny by publishing a blog?  Especially one that has my recovery from alcoholism at its foundation?  I don't really have an answer to that question myself.  I do, however, know, that through writing, I have made some of the most profound discoveries about myself.  These have helped me to grow as a person and extend myself to others suffering from the disease of alcoholism.  One of my favorite movies, "Pay It Forward", echoes but one cornerstone of the AA philosophy.  By helping others, we are helping ourselves.  The realizations I have made, and continue to experience about myself thoughout this journey may help another alcoholic.  If I can make a difference in just one other person's life, then I have accomplished much.

In the spirit of my handwritten journals, I will be open, honest, and non-editing.  What I post here will be my unique thought process.  I will maintain the anonymity of my fellowship, so please don't tear up the airwaves, BBM, tweet, Facebook, MySpace, Xanga, etc. by blabbering what you read about so-and-so.  And if what you read strikes a cord because it resembles you, please know that I am including it here, not for shock value or as a point of gossip, but because it has somehow touched a place deep within me. It has given me pause, provided an opportunity for self examination, led me to personal growth, and obviously helped me in my journey. 

Thank you for paying me a 12 Step call.

No comments:

Post a Comment