Friday, April 30, 2010

Exhausted


It has been a very long day. I am physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted.

It amazes me how many conflicting emotions can co-exist. What amazes me more is that I am able to experience these emotions without the aid of alcohol. I am fully present in mind, body and spirit to support my loved ones and honor FW.

I thank those of you that have kept my family and me in your prayers, and those of you who have sent me private messages. Though I have not had time to read your posts or respond to your words of encouragement, please know that they comfort me beyond that which words can convey. You are an important part of my recovery and I am grateful to have you "with" me as I trudge this road.

Tomorrow (actually today, as it is well after midnight CST as I type,) will again be a long day as we lay FW's earthly form to rest. When the day winds down, I will no doubt put pen to paper or fingers to keyboard. There is much of this sober experience that is waiting patiently inside of me to be brought out into the light of hope. I wish to share that with you.

Thank you for paying me a 12 Step call.

4 comments:

  1. "To die - To sleep, perchance to dream" He is at peace - They are at peace. Another angel to watch over you.

    Wishing you Peace in the Moment

    Much love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julianne, My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope your day goes as well as it can. Very emotional week for you, and through all of the reading I have seen you talk to your feelings. Hope you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't seem to hold my eyelids open and my mind and body feel numb, but wanted to quikly say thank you to you dAAve, JoMo, and Joe. Your presence was felt today and I am grateful.

    ReplyDelete